A three-year memorandum and 86-billion-euro loan in return for the following reforms 13 July 2015 / 15:07:39 GRReporter
All measures of the new agreement:
- VAT on restaurants immediately increases from 13% to 23%.
- VAT on hotels rises from 6.5% to 13% as of October 2015.
- Gradually reducing VAT on the islands as of October 2015.
- Gradually increasing the retirement age as of July 2015. In 2022, it will reach 67 years or 62 years in the event of 40 years of service.
- The above measure excludes heavy and unhealthy professions and mothers of disabled children.
- Gradually eliminating the social solidarity benefit for all pensioners by the end of 2019.
- Increasing the health insurance contributions of pensioners from 4% to 6% in the main and supplementary funds.
- Merging all additional health insurance funds until 1 January.
- Privatisation of the independent power transmission operator.
- Reforming the labour market and applying the instruments of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.
- Opening shops on Sundays, changing the ownership of pharmacies, dairies, bakeries, opening of closed professions.
- Reducing defence spending by 100 million euro in 2015 and 200 million in 2016.
- Competitions for the sale of Piraeus and Thessaloniki ports by the end of October 2015.
- Completing the competitions for the airports and railways in the country as well as for Egnatia Highway and the old airport in Athens.
- Introducing a unified payroll table for public sector wages from 1 January 2016 and determining wages in accordance with the qualities and responsibilities required for occupying a specific post.
- A new permanent plan for mobility in the public sector as of October 2015.